Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Wedding Centerpiece

I have been seeing all these great DIY projects for weddings that I would love to do. I thought that this one would be perfect for a Fall wedding and would be a great combination of elegance and value. You could use it as accents, or for your actual table centerpiece. So here it is, part I.

Here are the materials you will need:
Pumpkin ( I tried to get one with a good shape on all sides)
Spray Paint
Glue Gun
Decorative Branches
Silk Leaves
Small pillar candle
Dried or silk flowers

I decided to put my own touch into the project by painting the pumpkin white. I have seen others where the pumpkin is left orange. It depends on what look you are going for. I like the look of the gloss because it think it would look great combined with candles. When painting you want to be sure you use go from the top to the bottom to avoid streaking. Depending on the look you want, some parts may need a second coat. Before or after you paint, carefully remove the stem. After the paint dries you are ready for Part II.

No comments:

Post a Comment